Important Notice：Since January 9, 2023, the Chinese Visa Application Service Centers (CVASC) began to provide the authentication service including receiving applications, fees collection, document release and inquiries. The authority of the authentication service still remains in the Embassy of the People’s Republic of China and Consulate -Generals in Australia. For more information, please visit website of the Chinese Visa Application Service Center (CVASC) (websites under this page)
Foreigners need to submit their applications to CVASC, while Chinese citizens may choose to submit their applications either to CVASC or the Embassy or the Consulate- Generals in Australia.
1) Documents should be notarized by the applicant’s local Notary Public.
2) The notarized documents should be authenticated (NOT apostilled) by the Departments of Foreign Affairs and Trade(DFAT) or its Office in States or Territories.
According to the DFAT notice, all the applications by mail need to post to the offices in Sydney, Melbourne, and Canberra. For more information about authentication by DFAT office, please click here.
Requirements of documents:
2) One copy of the applicant’s valid passport (including the photo page)of the applicant for Individual authentication. Chinese citizen or foreign passport holder (except Australian) should provide a copy of valid visa. If the applicant entrusts someone else to apply for authentication, one copy of the passport or photo ID of the entrusted person should also be submitted. As for important documents, an entrusted letter signed by the applicant is also required. Relevant company-related documents should be submitted if the authentication is concerning company business.
3) Original documents authenticated by the Departments of Foreign Affairs and Trade(DFAT) or its Office in States or Territories.
4) Other documents required by the consular officers if necessary.
The Websites of Chinese Visa application Service Centers：
1) Chinese Visa application Service Centers in Canberra:
2) Chinese Visa application Service Centers in Sydney:
3) Chinese Visa application Service Centers in Melbourne:
4) Chinese Visa application Service Centers in Perth:
5) Chinese Visa application Service Centers in Brisbane:
6) Chinese Visa application Service Centers in Adelaide: