Notice on Adjusting Visa for China Application Requirements

2022-08-23 20:00

1. In accordance with the relevant arrangement, starting from 20 June, 2022, the Embassy and Consulate-Generals of China in Australia will make adjustments on visa application requirements to China. The updated application procedures and material requirements are as follows:

1.1 Fill out the visa application form online (, print out  and sign the form.

1.2 Submit the application to your local Chinese Visa Application Service Center (CVASC) and wait for processing result.

1.3 When you receive further notice from the CVASC, please come to the CVASC to submit application materials in person and retain ten fingerprints.

*The following applicants can be exempt from fingerprint collection:

 a. Applicants under the age of 14 or over 70;

 b. Diplomatic passport holders, or applicants eligible for diplomatic, official and courtesy visas;

 c. Applicants who already had their fingerprints collected within the past five years at the Embassy or Consulate-Generals, or the local CVASC in Australia with the same passport;

 d. Applicants with all fingers mutilated or uncollectible.

1.4 Application Materials:

 a. Application form completed online (should be printed-out and signed);

 b. Original passport and copy of the information page;

 c. 1 photo of the applicant;

 d. Certificate of visa in Australia (for citizens of other countries who are in Australia);

 e. Original Chinese passport(for those who had Chinese nationality before and apply for visa for China for the first time);

 f. Certificate of COVID-19 vaccination;

 g. Materials for different visas are as follows:

Categories of Visa


Required Documents



Issued to those who intend to go to China for work resumption (including commercial and technology activities)

Invitation letters issued by relevant entity or individual


Issued to those who intend to work in China.

Effective “Notification Letter of Foreigner's Work Permit


Issued to international students 

who go to China for long-term academic education

① For freshmen, the original "Visa Application Form for 

Study in China" (JW201 or JW202) and the original 

admission notices of the school are required;

 For returning students, the original "Visa Application Form for Study in China" (JW201 or JW202), the original Back-to-School approval letters issued by the school are required.



Issued to spouse, parents, children, parents of the spouse of the holder of a Z visa or work category residence permit.

Original certification (marriage certificate, birth certificate, other relationship certificate) showing the relationship of immediate family members between applicants and inviting individual

An invitation letter from the inviting individual (a foreigner who stays or resides in China for work)

A photocopy of the inviting individual's passport and Z-visa or residence permit



①Issued to family members of Chinese citizens or of foreigners with permanent residence status in China.

②Issued to those for funerals or visits to critically ill relatives in China

*"family members" refers to spouses, parents, parents-in-law, children, spouses of children, brothers and sisters, grandparents and grandchildren.

Certification (marriage certificate, birth certificate,household register,other relationship certificate) showing the relationship of family members between applicant and inviting individual

An invitation letter issued by a Chinese citizen or a foreign citizen with a Chinese permanent residence permit who lives in China

Proof of the  inviting individual's Chinese identity (e.g. Chinese ID card, household register), or foreigner's passport and Chinese permanent residence permit 

④For emergency humanitarian visas such as those for funerals or visits to critically ill relatives in China, the identity documents of the deceased or ill relative (e.g. foreigner's passport, etc.), a death certificate or a critical illness notice issued by a hospital shall be submitted.

h. We may ask for extra materials for your application according to your case.

2. The above visas are processed through the CVASC. Please comply with the COVID-19 checking requirements when you come to the CVASC. If you have further questions, please contact the CVASC or Embassy or Consulate-Generals for more information.