In accordance with the announcement of the Civil Aviation Administration of China, the General Administration of Customs of China and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs dated 20 July 2020, all foreign travelers who are to fly from the Australia to China will be required to take nucleic acid tests for COVID-19 and apply for certified Health Declaration Forms. The following procedures are for your reference:
1.Starting from 11 September 2020, passengers who are to fly to China from Australia, directly or indirectly, will be required to take nucleic acid tests for COVID-19 within three days before boarding. Passengers can choose the testing locations listed on the websites of Department of Health of Australian territories and states (please see the attachment 1) to take the test.
2. Passengers shall fill in and sign the Health Declaration Form (please see the attachment 2) and are required to send a scanned copy of the signed Form, together with the Nucleic Acid Test Certificate (with negative result), and a photocopy of the bio-page of the passport to the Chinese Embassy or Consulate-Generals at the following email addresses according to the consular jurisdictions:
Chinese Embassy: email@example.com.
Consulate-General in Sydney:firstname.lastname@example.org
Consulate-General in Melbourne:email@example.com
Consulate-General in Perth:firstname.lastname@example.org
Consulate-General in Brisbane:email@example.com
Consulate-General in Adelaide:firstname.lastname@example.org
To speed up the process, please use "HS+Nationality+Passenger name+Date of Departure(YYYY/MM/DD)" as subject line of your email, e.g. "HS+Australia+John Smith+20200910".
It is recommended to send the required materials at your earliest time, and it is suggested that one should acquire the visa and air ticket before applying for a certified Health Declaration Form.
3. Certified Health Declaration Form with a validity period of 3 days starting from the date of issue of the Nucleic Acid Test Certificate (with negative result) shall be issued by the Chinese Embassy or Consulate-Generals and sent back to the passenger by email.
4. Passenger shall be required to present the print-out certified Health Declaration Form within the validity period before boarding the flight by the airline staffs. Please be noted that passenger with expired Health Declaration Form will not be allowed to board the plane and will be required to take nucleic acid tests and apply for the Health Declaration Form again.
5. Passenger is advised to bring the Nucleic Acid Test Certificate (with negative result) to the airport in case of the need for further inspection.
1. Health Declaration Form
2. Websites of the Certificated Testing Locations by the Departments of Health of Australian States and Territories